Here we take a look at fridge van conversion kits, at BHRV we are experts in fridge van conversions, in this blog, we cover what they are, how they are made and the benefits that they provide. Whether you are looking for a brand new fridge van or need to replace your current refrigerated van, we can help!
What are fridge van conversion kits?
Refrigerated van conversion kits involve a range of items and materials that can be used to convert refrigerated vehicles. There is a range of insulating kits available for freezer and fridge van conversions, with this in mind, they are great for vehicle bodybuilders, fridge engineers and transport refrigeration trades, those who will be involved in fridge van conversions.
Freezer and fridge van conversion kits are produced using extruded polyester, this is known as XPS, this rigid insulation is formed with polystyrene polymer and is fabricated using an extrusion process. The insulated lining kits will be used for the roof and sides of the panel van, to permanently bond the GRP plastic together that has been manufactured using a process that will reliably and permanently bond the insulation. The kits available will vary in thickness and depend on whether you want a fridge van or a freezer van.
What types of businesses need freezer and fridge conversion kits?
Any business that needs a refrigerated vehicle can invest in a conversion kit if they want to convert their vehicle. There are a range of manufacturers out there who provide vans and vehicles that have already been converted for vehicles and vans, kits are available which can suit all types of makes, models and temperature requirements.
What benefits do they include?
When it comes to converted freezer and fridge vans, there are many benefits. Something that will be important to all fridge and freezer transporters of items is the payload, ultra-light insulation kits come with the option of being sustainable and timber free. There are also kits that have been built to pass Type A (chilled) and Type C (frozen) ATP Approval Certificate tests, there is also the comfort of knowing that the majority of these kits and products are all fully accredited by van manufacturers.
What is in a conversion kit?
Conversion kits tend to include the following…
- A full set of panels that have been cut using CNC-machined precision, will include closed-cell extruded polystyrene insulation as well as high impact GRP that is suitable for hardwearing, hygienic and insulated interiors.
- Floor surface that is ready to lay and comes in different types such as load-bearing reinforcements.
- Pre-cut extruded aluminium skirting.
- Ge-coated wheel boxes with ready fitted insulation.
- CNC- machined door skins with ready-fitted insulation.
- Waterproof LED light housing with connectors.
- Adhesive sealants and tapes.
- Full instructions alongside CAD drawings that cover the assembly process.
For more information on our fridge van conversion services, click here.